Monday, November 26, 2007

my burden


I am writing this out of frustration because I am having trouble with the "weight thing." Because of how life is sometimes, my blogs could never be completely positive. Sure, Chad loves me for who I am, but the holidays are TOUGH, and I feel so blubbery! I really need help. I have turned to a website called Sparkpeople.com, which has helped me track what I eat and my exercize. I also have a profile on there and some support. The hard thing is that, I don't really KNOW the people. The friends I DO know on there are not doing it with me at this time, nor can I attend 4F (at church) because Chad works nights. It's super frustrating, especially when you see so many people who are much thinner. This picture is me at my beginning weight with Chad who loves me no matter what. ;)

I definetely need God's help right now. As I got on facebook, I ran into my verse for the day. "And whatsoever ye do, in word or in deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." (Colossians 3:17). It really got me thinking. I realize, I don't need to lose weight for myself or even for others so they can clap and applaud. I need to do it for Jesus because of what He has done for me. Forget everything else! So putting aside selfish desires, I need to start today! It won't be easy at all, but the verse was certainly a motivation for me unlike anything else. I can also be thankful for the 15 LBS I HAVE lost since 2004.

No comments: