Sunday, November 25, 2007


What a joy it is to be able to have a gift certificate and eat someplace nice. I love pizza hut!!! Sure, I feel like I don't want to eat for a whole year, and I probably gained 5 LBS, but it's yummy! On Sundays, I enjoy spending time with Chad and the boys. Even going to Walmart is a highlight for us. Yes... Walmart.

Today we Christmas shopped, and I got to buy some presents for Sugeli ( a 4 year old girl) and Tyler ( a 2 year old) for the Angel Tree. I realize that I probably shouldn't have grabbed 2 tags off the tree, but at the time I felt I could be generous (not realizing that we didn't have the money in our own checking account for groceries this week). Regardless, I bought them a couple of toys and I wish that I could be able to see their eyes brighten up when they receive their Christmas surprise. :) I've never felt so unselfish as I do this year. I want to help people and I want to make a difference more than I've ever felt before. I'm just now beginning to realize just how good I have it and how everything is provided by our gracious God. I am thankful.

I also volunteered my time to make a meal for the teen moms at MOPS. I know I can't cook well, but I CAN throw together a quick yummy meal at times. The moms in Jessica's group have needed this ministry where they can come together, talk, vent, have time to with others, and know that there is a God who cares for them.

So, I am learning to give like I never have before. I don't mean to sound proud, but these are just things that God has placed on my heart to do. Sure, Chad is a little worried about the budget and I need to be careful, BUT things like this pull at my heart strings. I am emotional and proud of it! LOL!

Praise be to God for His unspeakable gift this Christmas season and throughout the coming year.


No comments: