Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving


I have never in my life felt the wonder of Thanksgiving as I do this year. I have always had things provided for me and have taken things for granted. It's easy to do! I have so much more than I could ever imagine.

Yesterday, I was listening to K-love Christian radio and hearing testimony's from people that had NOTHING. One guy went from a 50,000 dollar job a year to losing it and living in his car. He talked about how he was cared for by a city mission and how God took care of him despite the circumstances. He would be so hungry that he was eating out of trash cans. That story really got to me and touched my heart. I thought to myself, "what can I do this year to brighten someone's Thanksgiving and help them?"

I called Northgate, my local church, and asked about donating food and they told me about the salvation army and contacting them. My boys and I this morning went to Walmart and picked out some Turkey and all the fixings. I talked to my oldest son Troy about Thanksgiving, what it means, and how we should be thankful for what we have, for others have none.

After we dropped off the food, we got in our car and prayed that whoever got the meal would be filled and find hope through Jesus. I heard the quote today, "Hope starts with a meal." I felt God working in my heart and if I stop and listen to His voice, He leads the way.

Philippians 4:19 says, God will meet all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Things I'm thankful for:

My life

My family, happy and healthy

My warm home

my cars

friends

food and fellowship

water

creation

JESUS

neighbors

my things

EVERYTHING!!!!

May those that don't know Jesus this holiday season come to Jesus and find hope in Him

AMEN

No comments: