Saturday, November 17, 2007

Sweet November

It has been an eventful November so far. Chad's birthday was the 10th. He invited his close friends to be a part of it. We had pizza and wings and then went bowling afterwards. Let's see...everyone that was there was. Meghann (Chad's neice), Miranda, Ben and Jaime, Lee and Emily, Amanda, and Justin (smitty). Then mom in law (Rita) and her boyfriend Rusty were there to watch the kids. It was most funny as we gave each other crazy nicknames during bowling, and had a contest as to who could get the lowest score. It wasn't hard. haha! Chad got a t-shirt and a gift certificate from FYE as well as the DVD season 2 of the Unit. I got him a Sabres shirt. When we got back, we played Apples to Apples while having dessert and coffee. We had a fabulous time! Birthdays should always be like this. It doesn't matter how old you get.
Landon's birthday was wednesday the 14th. We celebrated by having cake at Mapi and Papi's house (my parents) and then going to a family dinner at my dad's church. (Yates Baptist). The food was yummy and I got to say hi to some poeple I haven't talked to in a long time. Landon is into cars, so he got a spiral as well as a fire truck. He also got some clothes, a spin toy, and another game for his leap pad. I'm amazed how much of a book worm he is. (He reminds me of my sister Anna). He could sit and read forever!! He is learning his ABC'S and says, "oh wow, and yay". He is filled with so much joy and enthusiasm. I love watching him and loving him. He is 2 years old now. He also got his first hair cut. There goes my baby. It was mentioned that I should have another one now. LOL!
Troy will be having eye surgery on December 3rd. He has been going to the doctor since Sept I do believe and is slowly being able to see better out of his left eye. The doctor will give him minor adjustments with his muscles in both eyes and he will be able to go home the same day. The hard part will be explaining the surgery to him. I am sure that everything will go smoothly and the doctor mentioned that he should bounce right back. I hope that his eyes will be corrected real well so that he doesn't have to wear glasses like I had to.
Troy will have a pre-appointment coming up and Landon will have an appointment with his new doctor, Dr Tenney. She works with Dr. Burns and I know her by watching her kids at the day care (Max and Hannah). She is a fairly new Dr, but I wanted the boys to have a woman because they have gentle hands and voices to put them at ease.
The weather is just starting to get colder now. We have been blessed with nice warm weather and the trees are beautiful!!!
I have been able to go to Casper's farm with the kids, go on a hayride, and see the animals. There was also a hay maze and jumping pile. What a blast!
On Halloween, Troy was a blue power ranger and Landon was a frog. I didn't take any pictures, but I haven't put their costumes away either, so who knows. Maybe the laziness will pass and I will take them. LOL!
More posts coming soon!

No comments: